We are so fortunate to have a certified practitioner of Arvigo Techniques of Mayan Abdominal Massage TM. Audrey Blanchard, LMT has had extensive training in this specialized modality. This is an article recently published that http://alignmentmonkey.nurturance.net/2011/maya-abdominal-therapy-and-iui-ivf
Our Massage Therapist, Audrey Blanchard, has recently returned from Michigan where she completed her Certification in The Arvigo Techniques of Mayan Abdominal Therapy TM. Audrey has learned advanced techniques to enhance fertility, treat a retroverted uterus, as well as pelvic floor pain. Mayan Abdominal Therapy has been shown to improve symptoms associated with endometriosis, prolapsed uterus or bladder, ovarian cysts, low back pain and digestive disorders including IBS, GERD, chronic constipation. If you suffer from any of these conditions or have not tried Mayan Abdominal Therapy yet, now is the time to schedule your appointment.
Mayan Abdominal Massage is an external, non-invasive massage modality that specifically addresses the uterine position and other internal organs to support the optimal flow of blood, lymph, and chi throughout the body.Some common symptoms/conditions this type of massage can benefit include displaced or prolapsed uterus or bladder, infertility, endometriosis, ovarian cysts and uterine fibroids, as well as pelvic or abdominal pain from previous surgeries or scar tissue. Join us August 13, at 6:00 pm at ilumina to learn more about this modality and how it can be a benefit to you. Spaces will be limited so please call 602-957-2602 to reserve your spot.
We are very excited to have the lecture series back in action, we are currently putting together a schedule of topics that promise to be informative and promising.
Also heading your way is a Infant Massage Class taught by our amazing massage therapist Audrey Blanchard.
Loss of libido effects both men and women and at ilumina Healing Sanctuary we start with the natural approach. Specializing in infertility we often hear about couples struggling during the ovulation stage of the women's menstrual cycle as sex can become more of a chore than a pleasure. That combined with hormonal changes and a general increase in stress the libido can really suffer.So what can you do to increase the libido?
- Exercise: 30-60 minutes of cardio daily (cardio machines, running, swimming, biking) with yoga, tai chi or qi gong added in.
- Decrease stress: guided imagery, meditation, hiking, connecting with nature and hanging out with friends are some of the ways you can decrease stress. Be creative.
- For women: Kegal exercises help tone the pelvic floor which aids in better blood flow.
- For couples: spend time communicating and working on your relationship. Unresolved anger, conflicts and tension put a lot of stress and strain on a relationship.
So what does ilumina do to treat low libido?
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture: Individualized treatment plans are constructed utilizing: acupuncture, Chinese herbs, vitamins and supplements and dietary recommendations.
- Polarity/ Emotional Wellness: As individuals and in relationship we can hold onto old emotional patters that can disrupt the libido. Using communication and energy work we can gain freedom from habitual patterns that disrupt the libido.
- Mayan Abdominal Massage: Blood flow plays a significant role in a healthy libido and sexual response. Strategic bodywork on the abdomen, acupuncture meridians and sacral area can help restore the enery and blood flow.
- Relaxation Massage: Stress, stress, stress......it kills the libido. Massage is an excellent way to melt the tension away.
Get things going in a natural way with our oh-so-stimulating cream.
Summer is a time for expansion and growth, we at ilumina are doing just that. I am pleased to welcome Terri Rowan & Marie Verveka to our practice. Terri is a Licensed Massage Therapist that specializes in the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy. A new therapy we are excited to offer at our clinic that promotes female reproductive health. Terri is available for appointments on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Marie is a Licensed Acupuncture practitioner. She joined ilumina to provide acupuncture and Chinese medicine at the clinic as well as at our affiliated physicians offices for IVF. Currently, Marie will be at ilumina on Thursdays and Saturdays. Please read more about our new staff members belowRead More
ilumina Healing Sanctuary is now offering Mayan Abdominal Massage by certified therapist Terri Rowan. Mayan Abdominal Massage also known as the Arvigo Techniques of Mayan Abdominal Massage are centered on the ancient Mayan techniques which reposition orans that have dropped and restricted the flow of blood, lymph, nerve and Chi (energy).Mayan Abdominal Massage are offered as a supportive modality to enhance health and wellness and can be utilized for disorders such as:For women:
- Displaced or prolapsed uterus and or bladder
- Painful periods and ovulation
- Irregular menstrual cycles and ovulation
- Bladder or yeast infections
- Miscarriages, difficult pregnancies
- Peri menopause, menopausal symptoms
- PMS/Depression with menstruation
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Enhances Pregnancy, aids in labor and delivery
- Early stages of prostate swelling
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostatitis (mild)
- Impotence, Erectile Dysfunction (depending on cause)
- Digestive Disorders
- Low energy
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastro Esophogeal Reflux (GERD)
- Crohn's Disease
- Chronic constipation
- Low Back ache
- Chronic indigestion or heartburn
- Restricted breathing due to tension