Case Study: Abdominal Pain
A 29-year-old female came to ilumina to treat lower, right-sided abdominal pain from scar tissue after surgery. The client noticed the pain when walking, running, hiking and occasionally interfered with work and sleep. The client also complained of migraine headaches associated with her menstrual cycle.
1. Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Massage treatment: Abdomen was very sensitive throughout, especially around navel and over scar tissue on lower right abdomen. Client was given instructions on self care massage, and advised to return in one month.
2. Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Massage treatment: Client reported decreased pain in abdomen overall. Some pain with activity one week ago, but not as intense as before first massage treatment. Continued to massage scar tissue and reduce adhesions in tissue in lower right abdomen. Instructed client to continue with self care massage.
3. Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Massage treatment (two years later): Client reported no pain for one year post massage, recently started feeling some pain again with activity. Castor oil with heat was applied prior to massage treatment. Client instructed to continue with self care massage regularly to reduce adhesion buildup in tissue.
Case Study: Cystocele (prolasped bladder)
A 43-year-old female came to ilumina for treatment of feeling of heaviness in pelvis, cystocele and possible uterine prolapse, as well as ulcerative colitis and occasional left sided sciatic pain. GYN diagnosis-very prolapsed bladder.
1. Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Massage treatment: Mayan massage for “tilted” uterus/prolapse. Myofascial release to low back/hip area. Client given special self care massage instructions for prolapse and Chinese herbs and advised to have another massage in two weeks.
2. Arvigo Mayan Massage treatment: Client saw GYN in between massage appointments. Dr. noticed an improvement in bladder position since first ultrasound and second exam. Mayan massage performed with focus on prolapse. Client to continue with self care massage daily and follow up massage in one month.
3. Arvigo Mayan Massage treatment: Client reported feeling much better overall, heaviness in lower abdomen/pelvis has completely diminished, less bloating, no pain in sacrum area, and digestion has improved. Mayan massage with myofascial release to low back. Client instructed to continue with self care massage.
Case Study: low ovarian function, Endometriosis, Dysmenorrhea
A 25-year-old female came to ilumina to seek treatment for painful menstrual cycles, endometriosis and low ovarian function.
1. Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Massage treatment: Client reported having retroverted uterus with diminished function in left ovary, also left ovary not visible on ultrasound. Endometriosis and fibromyalgia pain significant. Mayan Abdominal massage with retroverted uterus techniques. Advised client to have Mayan massage once per week for eight weeks and re-evaluate.
2. Arvigo Mayan Abdominal Massage treatment: Client stated she felt better after last massage treatment. Gentle Mayan Massage treatment with retroverted uterus techniques.
3. Arvigo Mayan Massage treatment: Client reported menstrual pain usually 10/10, now 5/10 with last cycle, did not need as much pain medication. Uterus at midline per ultrasound. Mayan Abdominal massage with retroverted techniques.
4-10. Continue with Mayan massage treatments. Left ovary now visible on ultrasound per MD. Continue with Mayan Massage treatments at least twice per month.