Services Provided By Leigh Lewis N.D., L.Ac.
Education & counseling on the menopausal transition including up-to-date health-related research focusing on menopause & women over 40 in a relaxed atmosphere with plenty of time for questions and convenient & accessible follow-up, including phone & email communication.
- General physical exams with a focus on individualized, age-appropriate screening recommendations and proactive preventive care based on an assessment of personal & family medical history as well as evaluation & management of current complaints, including:
- Diet & lifestyle assessment & counseling in accordance with the basic tenets of “Health at Every Size”
- Screening for & treatment of other conditions which can co-exist with, mimic or exacerbate menopausal symptoms, such as:
- vaginal, urinary & sexual symptoms
- breast & bone health
- thyroid disease
- nutritional deficiencies
- issues related to fertility & contraception
- weight management
- FDA-approved bio-identical hormone replacement therapy when appropriate.
- Referrals to other health care providers & specialists as needed.
It is encouraged that you maintain a close relationship with a primary care provider and to continue to seek regular care from your doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant for any illness and/or needs that are not listed above and referral back to your primary care provider or other specialist may be recommended and I am happy to coordinate with your provider if you like.
IT IS HELPFUL IF YOU BRING ALL TEST/LAB RESULTS FROM THE PAST 2 YEARS AND ALL CURRENT MEDICATIONS AND SUPPLEMENTS TO YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT.
We have many answers to frequently asked questions in regards to Menopause. Find them here.
Fees and Insurance
- First visits may last 60-75 minutes. Follow-up visits range from 30-45 minutes. Associated fees are based on nature of the complaint, complexity of the visit and time spent. Please contact me if you have questions or would like additional information on pricing.
- Payment is expected at the time of service in the form of credit card, cash or check. Documentation can be provided with the necessary medical codes for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement or to utilize HSA funds if you choose. Please note that reimbursement cannot be guaranteed and deductibles may apply; it is recommended you contact your insurance company for more information.
- Sliding scale may be available on a case-by-case basis
- Complimentary 15 minute consults are available by phone or in-person.