How can acupuncture help with post surgical healing and recovery?
- Acupuncture promotes circulation and microcirculation in the small capillaries, which increases blood flow, reduces swelling and assists the healing capabilities of the body.
- Better healing means that there is less potential for scarring internally and externally post surgically.
- Acupuncture reduces post operative pain and reduces the need to take opioids. (Research links are listed below.)
- Acupuncture helps your ability to manage pain by assisting in the release of endorphins, which decrease perception of pain.
- Acupuncture reduces stress and calms the nervous system.
- Acupuncture assists your immune system.
This all means that you will be able to recover faster.
To learn more or schedule and appointment, please call us at ilumina Healing Sanctuary 602. 957.2602.
The Efficacy of Acupuncture in Post-Operative Pain Management: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
Acupuncture and related techniques for postoperative pain: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials